- Add sugar to the yogurt and mix till the sugar dissolves. I prefer lesser sugar as mangoes are pretty sweet themselves.
- Puree ¾ of the mango cubes. Save the 1/4th for adding to the yogurt.
- Add purred mango to sweetened yogurt.
- Add chopped dates, remaining mango cubes, chopped khobani and almonds. Mix and chill
- Garnish with a few mango cubes and serve cold.
Tuesday, 30 June 2015
Mango season and Ramzan have been coinciding since last few years. My love for mangoes has made me incorporate mangoes in my iftar regularly. With June's blistering heat around, one longs for things that are cold and refreshing while breaking the fast. Mango yogurt provides that along with appropriate nutrition. It’s simple and easy to make. I always save an extra bowl for sehri as well. Hope you will try it out.
Unsweetened Yogurt – 500 gms
Sugar – ¼ cup
Mangoes – 3 medium sized (cubed)
Dated – 8 (pitted and chopped)
Fresh Apricot/Khobani – 5-8, (pitted and chopped)
Almonds – 8-10 (Coarsely chopped)
Depending on the availability I also use cherries, lychees, bananas, peaches for this yogurt.